Saturday, October 20, 2012

Evil Deadhead

Halloween is right around the corner, and boy does this have me excited. For one, I'm going as a spooky banana this year. Secondly it's the time of year I break out one of my favorite series of horror movies and watch them. This year I was having trouble picking a movie to watch, but today I found my solution. Today I was in the mood for some Strapping Young Lad, a statement I just realized makes it sound like I was hot for the pool boy. Anyway, I was trolling youtube for one of their songs and came across the official video for the song "Love?" which is my favorite SYL song by a long shot. I had never seen the video before, but it made my choice clear.

If you don't see why that's clear I'll clear it up for you. This video is inspired by the Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn. Evil Dead is by far my favorite series of movies. It has everything I like in movies; Action, tension, a little (read: a lot) of gore, humor, and most important of all Bruce Campbell. To make a long story short Army of Darkness, the third movie in the series, was the first horror flick I saw as a kid and it left an everlasting impression on me (probably to the chagrin of at least one of my parents). For about 5 years after I first saw it I wanted to consume every piece of media Evil Dead (and Bruce Campbell) related and I did. A lot of movies/shows, a few video games, and a couple books later I think it's safe to say that I'm a lifelong Deadite. And also eerily obsessed with Bruce Campbell. Happy Trick or Treating Boys and Ghouls.
-Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment